Closing date: 30 April 2022
Location: Cardiff – Hybrid Working
Our client has built a significant public sector practice over the last fifteen years and represents many major public sector organisations, including Welsh Government, Natural Resources Wales, numerous local authorities, emergency services and housing associations. As Bid Manager you will be instrumental in continuing the growth of the firm’s work in the sector as well as some others that require significant bid support.
Your responsibilities will include monitoring potential bid opportunities and then drafting compliant and compelling responses, to a high quality and within strict deadlines. To do this you will use a combination of your own desk-based research and input from legal and central services teams across the firm.
It’s essential that you understand public procurement and how to write to satisfy our clients’ requirements, in the context of both frameworks and mini competitions, and sole supplier contracts. You will also be comfortable with using online procurement.
From the outset you will have access to a comprehensive bid library and other useful resources, which we would like your help to expand and improve.
The role is based in Cardiff, where you will benefit from our flexible hybrid working model.
We will consider applications from bid coordinators looking to make their first move into a manager role.
- Compiling top quality bid and tender submissions and ensuring they are delivered within agreed deadlines
- Scheduling bid meetings and preparing agendas
- Collating content from lawyers, including regular follow-up calls to ensure submission deadlines are met
- Writing some responses from scratch
- Editing tender submissions to ensure responses use appropriate and consistent grammar, have clear messaging and are formatted correctly, and are within the correct page, word or character limits
- Formatting tender documents to ensure brand compliance and consistency
- Proofreading final submissions
- Managing documentation from procurement portals
- Managing and uploading tender submissions to Procurement Portals as well as managing access to all portals
- Monitoring both the tenders email inbox and procurement portals to identify potential opportunities for consideration at Bid/No Bid stage
- Maintaining a database of boilerplate content, to be updated on an ongoing basis
- Creating a suite of templates to support the various stages of the tender lifecycle
- Keeping a record of all tender opportunities across the business and producing a monthly Bids Report
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous bids/tender experience
- Legal or other professional services sector experience preferred but non-professional services experience considered
- Comfortable with writing generic content without the need for input from others and preparing first drafts of questions based on available information
- In depth understanding of the bidding process
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Editing skills – able to turn information provided from other parts of the business into consistent client facing language
- Motivated and confident with good communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills, able to juggle different bids at the same time and prioritise your workload
- Strong document production skills, ideally with knowledge of working with InDesign
Personal qualities / behaviours
- Diplomatic, tactful and a good team player
- Resilient, enthusiastic and highly organised
- Creative, imaginative, prepared to try new ideas
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with the firm’s core values
Our clients key to growth strategy to date has been the recruitment and development of great people. This will remain the case as they look forward to the years ahead. Working with our client is vibrant and full of opportunities.
Our clients culture is friendly and collegiate, but they maintain the professional atmosphere you would expect from a modern, leading law firm. All staff have access to industry-leading training and mentoring to ensure they reach their potential.
Some of our benefits on offer include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- 2 Corporate social responsibility days
- Death in service x 2 annual salary
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Hybrid working
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts for local businesses
- Professional fees paid (subject to requirement for your role)
- Employee recruitment incentive scheme
- Travel season ticket loan (London only)
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: 30 April 2022
|Job Category||Full Time|