Location: Virginia Water, Surrey
Salary: £23,000 pa, plus gratuities, paid overtime, and bonus.
Rota: 4 days a week working pattern available.
Job PurposeAs our Commis Chef, you will work as part of our large culinary team. You will deliver exceptional service to our Members and Guests. Provide culinary excellence, ensuring that we are meeting expectations and consistently WOWING our Members. As a Commis Chef you will be given the opportunity to work on all sections of the kitchen, serving exceptional food in a luxury Members Club. Using fresh produce with a seasonal changing menu and an emphasis on local produce.
Key Areas of Activity
- To deliver consistently high levels of excellence to ensure the complete satisfaction of both Members and Guests.
- To ensure that the food is prepared and presented to the highest standards as required by the Club.
- To produce food as directed by the Chef de Partie and to present it at the times required.
- To be fully knowledgeable with all food outlet menus, in particular items which are the responsibility of your section and of their recipes and quantities.
- To advise the Chef de Partie of any irregularities in stock control.
- To assist the Chef de Partie in rotation of stocks and correct storage procedure ensuring the appropriate stock level.
- To assist the Apprentice Chefs in developing all necessary skills for the relevant section.
- To work in close liaison with all sections of the kitchen to ensure efficient service and maintain a high level of communication with colleagues and other staff.
- To ensure that your on-the-job training records are kept up to date and signed by your Chef de Partie on a regular basis.
- Previous experience as a Commis Chef in a hotel or restaurant, would be beneficial but not essential
- Someone who is fanatical about standards and genuinely cares about the quality of the food they prepare
- A self-motivated and hardworking individual who is a team player
- An individual with impeccable cleaning standards, who is dedicated in maintaining a safe and pleasant environment
We offer training and career development for anyone starting a career in hospitality or looking to take the next step.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme with Standard Life
- Enhanced Company Sick Pay, Maternity and Paternity
- Employee meals provided
- Corporate Gym and Spa Membership at the Berystede Hotel
- Birthday leave – 1-day paid time off
- Our exclusive Employee Engagement platform offers discounts at over 800 retailers, well-being centre, and much more.
- Comprehensive online courses and apprenticeships available
- Cash Plan with WPA
- Reward & Recognition schemes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Use of Golf and Tennis Facilities
- 40% discount on all food items in the Tennis & Health Club Café and the Wentworth Dining Restaurant
- 20% discount in the Spa and Pro Shop
- Company social events
- On-site parking available
To apply, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Full Time|
|Salary||£23,000 + Gratuities|
|Other||Overtime & Bonuses|