Skill Bridge Programme – Junior Portfolio Management / Project Manager
Enrol on our 8 week Skill Bridge Programme to discover an in-depth experience and career prospects within the Insurance sector. Our client specialises in both Global and Regional products with offices based in London, New York, and Bermuda. Within the company there is an Ex-Military network that breeds success and opportunity for solid career prospects within a Global Corporate business. This is an environment that can provide the best possible training along with a structured and uncapped career path.
An RV1 Skill Bridge placement will offer invaluable insight into a wealth of opportunity and future career prospects by providing an 8 week ‘real-time’ work-placement programme that can perfectly integrate into Resettlement downtime. Upon completion of the Skill Bridge Programme there will be a potential offer of full time permanent employment for the right Candidate. Sign up to our Skill Bridge today to showcase your talents to our exceptional Global Corporate client and stand out from the crowd. The Programme is also open to applications form Ex-Military Candidates that have already left the British Forces.
Salary: Week 1 – 4 Skill Bridge
Week 5 – 8 Full Pay on a competitive salary and package
Location: London – City (Remote home based virtual start due to COVID restrictions)
To provide support to our clients change portfolio, assisting the successful delivery of the portfolio of projects in support of business objectives. Support the portfolio toolsets that enable the delivery of successful project outcomes and to provide the required transparency, reporting and governance to enable the management of the portfolio of change.
Reporting & Monitoring
- Monitor and report on project scope and progress including, status, financial, changes, risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies ensuring information is timely, accurate and of a suitable quality
- Support the production of project portfolio analysis and regular ePMO reports to Senior and Executive Management ensuring they are distributed in a timely manner
- Support construction of the annual and quarterly project portfolio baselines
- Collate benchmark performance metrics to support both project delivery and ePMO performance
- Assist the Corporate Operations Finance Controller with project related financial activities
Governance, Standards & Controls
- Support key portfolio governance meetings, including preparation of agenda & capture / issue of minutes
- Support project managers in the development of key project artefacts e.g. Business Case & PID in line with the clients standards
- Provide advice & guidance in the use of project / programme management methods & processes
Systems Admin, Support & Training
- Act as a point of contact for queries or issues regarding project management toolsets
- Provide administrative support for toolsets e.g. ensure user permissions are maintained & up-to-date
- Provide training and support to the global project & programme management community
- Ensure that data maintained within the project management toolsets is accurate, up to date & accepted as the ‘single version of the truth’
- Administration of the work request process
- Administration of the time recording system
People & Communication
Production of ePMO newsletters and support for lunch & learn sessions, communities of practice etc.
- To act in accordance with and be an advocate for the client.
- To be aware of and to comply with the FSA Principles for Business.
- Participate and undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally) to include attainment of associated qualifications where required.
- Comply with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and regulations
- To operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of overall team and business objectives
- Liaise with relevant and associated areas and groups within the business process to establish, support and maintain business relationships and organisational effectiveness
Education / Experience
- Strong MS Office skills especially MS Excel (should be competent in all functionality e.g. pivot tables) & MS PowerPoint, MS Project
- 1+ years’ experience of working in a PMO environment.
- Understanding of Project & Programme methodologies (Prince 2 / MSP)
- Understanding of P3O methodology
- Portfolio Management tools: Upland Power Steering, MS Project Server, Clarity or HP PPM
Please email CV & covering letter to email@example.com to apply.
|Job Category||Skill Bridge Programme|
|Salary||Competitive + Excellent Benefits Package|