Location: Skelmersdale, Lancashire
Salary: £30K to £50K DOE
Hours: 40 hours over a 4 day week
(Week 1 Monday to Thursday, then Week 2 Tuesday to Friday)
As a Panel Technician, you will accurately and skilfully undertake the panel repair/replacement of a customer’s vehicles to the highest standard. You will also detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out repair operation to prescribed manufacturer’s methods of repair and industry standards.
- Adhere to company policies, guidelines and health and safety regulations (operate within Covid-19 guidelines, check appropriate PPE, have knowledge of COSHH requirements etc.)
- Keep accurate and comprehensive list of additional parts required, and communicate these findings to the relevant departments
- Familiarize and operate within the production cycle of the repair
- Use up to date repair technology (e.g pin puller)
- Use appropriate filling methods skilfully
- Weld, bond or rivet panels appropriately
- You will work closely with your fellow Technicians, Vehicle Damage Assessors, and the Production Team to ensure a smooth and complete production process for all vehicles.
The Vella Group is a well-established accident repair specialist with over 30 years of experience, helping people get their vehicles back on the road after an accident. We pride ourselves on providing a quality service which has resulted in our success and growth.
As a recognised industry leader, The Vella Group currently operate 11 sites with ambition to grow ever further in the future. Now is an exciting time to join as we embark on a journey of expansion and innovation within the industry!
Holidays – Work life balance is important to us. We offer all employees 25 days holiday plus bank holidays per year.
Pension Scheme – All eligible employees be automatically enrolled onto the company’s pension scheme, run by Now Pensions.
Healthcare – We offer all our employees the opportunity to join our workplace healthcare scheme. With this you can save on prescriptions, optical appointments, and medical treatments. We also provide 10 days paid sick leave for all employees.
Family Leave – Having a baby is an exciting but also stressful time, and we want you to have the time to enjoy it. We offer 26 weeks of full pay, followed by 13 weeks statutory pay for maternity leave, and up to two weeks paid paternity leave.
Mental Health Support – All employees will have access to free, confidential helplines for advice on mental health support, and will also benefit from support via our healthcare scheme and BEN partnership. We also have several Mental Health First Aiders across the Group.
Learning & Development – We offer all our employees the chance to grow and develop with our business. We provide internal and external training across all our departments.
Reward Scheme – Staff are able to make use of unique discounts and savings on travel, days out, retail, and more with the renewed reward scheme we offer.
Above and Beyond Awards – Each month we recognise those who have gone that step further to provide a great service with an award and gift voucher.
For further information and to apply, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Full Time|
|Salary||£30K - £50K DOE|